db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Naming individuals in the subject line of posts
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2006 02:06:05 GMT

Rick Hillegas wrote:

> I don't see a big difference between summoning someone in the subject
> line and summoning them in the body of the message. But I appreciate
> your feelings that the former is more jarring. I guess I feel the
> opposite way. It is jarring to me if I am summoned in the body of a
> message which I overlooked because the subject didn't catch my eye.

One concern I have is how to draw attention of part-time experts more
easily. While many of us seem to be involved in Derby fulltime, reading
pretty much every message till the end, we do see several part-time
experts in specific areas. For example, how to best call on Jeremy to
contribute to ClassLoading issues? Or ping Jeff Lichtman on optimizer
history or advise? We do have to acknowledge DerbyDev volume is getting
daunting... If there is a better or different way, then we could use
that, I just can't think of it!

Satheesh