db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject Accept username of form xyz@somedomain.com
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:21:50 GMT
Hello All,

I have a case where the username can be  xyz@somedomain.com . The only
way I can get derby to accept this username is if I  quote it.  - ie
"xyz@domain.com". I think that it is possible for different
authentication mechanisms (e.g ldap) that are pluggable into derby, to
have username of the form xyz@somedomain.com.    I want to allow such

If I try to connect, the error thrown is
    ij> connect
    ERROR 28502: The user name 'skambha@xyz.com' is not valid.

The first error is being thrown from this method in

username) This method calls the IdUtil.parseId() which will for an
unqualified id,  check if the string has only characters from a-z, A-Z
and _ and digits.
I want to remove this restriction for the username case.

So it would be like this once I remove the restriction.
ij version 10.2
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:GHMDB;user=skambha@xyz.com;password=p';
ij> create table t2(i1 int);
0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
ij> select * from sys.sysschemas where schemaname='SKAMBHA@XYZ.COM';
SCHEMAID                            |SCHEMANAME

1 row selected
ij> select * from "SKAMBHA@XYZ.COM".t1;

0 rows selected

Is this reasonable.   Thoughts/comments?

If noone objects, I will be posting a patch to address this.

View raw message