db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: read dat from a java class
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:04:26 GMT
<head>
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
VTIs are not currently enabled in Derby. Dan has a proposal that allows
VTIs in phased implementation, but all parts of the proposals are not
implemented yet. You should be able to find the proposal in the
archives... or in JIRA entry.<br>
Satheesh<br>
Veaceslav Chicu wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">where can I find more information about:
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/org/apache/derby/vti/package-summary.html">http://db.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/org/apache/derby/vti/package-summary.html</a>

?
thank you,
Slavic

Veaceslav Chicu wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I have found with google

Virtual Table Interface (VTI)
A Cloudscape construct that provides an interface to external data
within an SQL-J statement. Classes that fulfill the VTI requirements can
be used in the FROM clause to provide data to a SELECT statement.
Cloudscape’s bulk import utility, COM.cloudscape.vti.FileImport, is an
example of such a class.

it's what I want? where is this in docs?

best regards,
Slavic

Veaceslav Chicu wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Hello,

I have seen something like:

"values (package.Class)"

it was something about lucene integration?

how should be that class? where I can find documentation for this method
 to generate values for "VALUES"?

best regards,
Slavic

      </pre>