db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: conditional shutdown of the database
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 17:15:45 GMT
I don't think the transaction table is much help here.  It is a snap
shot, there is nothing to prevent a transaction from appearing
immediately after the select returned. In I believe the VTI copies
the data when building the table, so a new transaction could come
about even before the user was finished "next'ing" through the result
set.