db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: small ,incremental, independent patches
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:50:09 GMT
Kathey,

I totally agree with what you say here.

I think the 'patch submitted' is a step in the right direction, but I
think it would be nice with some tool that could capture more of the
workflow than Jira currently does.  I am not sure what is possible to
arrange with Jira, but it would be nice if we were able to represent the
"ping-pong game" between developers and reviewers.  Ideally, it would
have been nice with more states like "patch reviewed, needs more work',
"patch reviewed, ready for commit", a list of people that have reviewed
the patch (maybe the states I mention should be for each reviewer), and
the name of a committer that is planning to commit the patch when it is
ready.  The ability to query over such information would make it a lot
easier to find the issues that one needs to address.

I do not know Jira well enough to say what is possible to achieve, but I
think if the community continues to grow, we will need to have tools
that better support our process than we have today.

--
Øystein