db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Derby regression/compatibility
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:56:13 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> I agree, but we should treat incompatibilities with different levels
> of severity depending upon our guarantees of stability we document
> (initially in the Wiki page, but ultimately I'd like to see this made
> available as part of our overall documentation).
>
> By the way, we at Sun have to provide this kind of documentation to
> our own internal architectural review committee.  We have to guarantee
> stability even if Derby can not, so that other projects can safely
> depend on us.  Having something like this for Derby would be very
> reassuring for *our* customers I can tell you that.

Well this is a huge ray of hope for the installed user base! It is
wonderful that  that you have these requirements and  are working on
such  documentation.  I am also thrilled  to hear Sun plans  this kind
of commitment to stability moving forward.
I hope your  internal documentation can come in the form of links to
documentation  you have contributed to the project.

Thanks

Kathey