db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Derby regression/compatibility
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 05:27:09 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> Thanks, Dan, a Wiki page would be great.  I would suggest a table of
> interface and the level of stability guaranteed for each of them
> (basically "stable" or "stability guaranteed between minor releases
> only" or "unstable").
>
> The issue I have with the otherwise excellent set of compatibility
> tests Raman ran was that some of the "incompatibilities" (unless I am
> mistaken) appear to be for interfaces that are not (currently)
> guaranteed to be stable, in particular the output format of ij.
> Although I think it's good to note that these differences exist by
> logging a JIRA, I don't think they should be categorized as a failure
> in regression tests.

DERBY-880 was originally filed as a regression because the test was
passing and seemingly getting valid results with 10.1.  Running it with
10.2 caused this error and the test to fail miserably, so at first
glance looked like a serious regression.  Dan pointed out that the test
probably needs to be  changed to not retrieve the lob twice and then it
will be ok again, but of course it would be good to verify that sooner
rather than later.

I think it is ok to take it out of the regression test failure
category.  I'll go ahead and do so.

Kathey