db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject conditional shutdown of the database
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 03:58:09 GMT

 I had asked on the user list if anyone had any ideas about how  a user
could conditionally shutdown a database, so that the shutdown would only
occur if there were no active connections to the database.  I could not
think of any way for the user to do this so am thinking of possibilities
for a solution on the development side.

My thought is that we could allow a different value  for the shutdown
attribute.

shutdown=ifInactive  ( or better name)

and for the embedded DataSources, add
setShutdown("ifInactive")

Does this seem like a reasonable enhancement?  I haven't researched it
really, but thought I would first see if there were objections.

Thanks

Kathey