db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: DERBY-273, owner Tomohito Nakayama, Is it time to move this test out of the nightly regression suite?
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 23:56:24 GMT
I don't see JIRA entries for the encryption failures in the regression
test suite component, maybe they were filed before it existed?  There
are  3 issues currently unowned:

DERBY-880 	jdbcapi/connectionJdbc20.java fails for server (10.1.2.2) and
client (10.2.0.0) compatibility testing with > SQLSTATE(null):
java.sql.SQLException: Stream of column value in result cannot be
retrieved twice 	Unassigned 	Ramandeep Kaur 	Major 	Open Open
UNRESOLVED 	27/Jan/06 	03/Feb/06 		Test
DERBY-881 	jdbcapi/LOBTest.java fails for server (10.1.2.2) and client
(10.2.0.0) compatibility testing 	Unassigned 	Ramandeep Kaur 	Major
Open Open 	UNRESOLVED 	27/Jan/06 	03/Feb/06 		Test
DERBY-654 	unit/T_RawStoreFactory.unit fails with an assert failure in
J2ME/CDC/FP 	Unassigned 	Deepa Remesh 	Minor 	Open Open 	UNRESOLVED
27/Oct/05 	23/Jan/06

I admit I haven't being paying close attention to the tinderbox
reports, but I am impressed by the following reports - for those
who have not taken a look:
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/TinderBox_Derby/Limited/index.html

I probably could have easily narrowed down some questions I sent out
earlier this week to a specific change from looking at this.  Nice job.
It would be REALLY nice if these reports had ZERO errors normally -
as you point out the encryption ones, and a few others are consistently
failing.  It
would be nice to get owners for the issues and then get them out of the
suite so that this tool could be used to highlight quickly NEW errors.