db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject DERBY-273, owner Tomohito Nakayama, Is it time to move this test out of the nightly regression suite?
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 22:36:57 GMT
I have seen this fail 5 or 6 times in the last 2 weeks.  I haven't
seen any new requests for more information, from the discussion on
the jira item it seems like the issue is understood (though not the
solution).

My quesion is since no new info seems to be gained by having it
fail in other environments, and since there is an assigned person
working on the problem, is it time to remove this test from nightly
runs (or maybe from specific environments)?

It seems like a number of items are lingering on the regression
test suite list.  I believe from the discussion a few weeks ago
the goal was to work toward shrinking this list to 0, unless there
was a good reason to keep a known failing test running in the
nightly suite.  Especially ones where there is someone assigned, it
seems reasonable to take the test out unless the assigned person
wants it run.

/mikem