db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Regression Test Failure! - TinderBox_Derby 375885 - Sun DBTG
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 17:36:34 GMT
> Duration % is compared to some baseline which is given in the last row
> of (in this case) testSummary-375885.html

Thanks!

But I'm afraid I'm still confused. Take, for example, this part of
the larger table:

   derbyall   630 6 624 0
     Duration   45.6%

I see that in this particular example, there were 630 tests, and
6 of them passed, and 624 of them failed, and 0 were skipped.

And I see at the bottom that it says:

   Baseline for duration is rev.: 226900 2005-08-02 00:33:20 CEST
   (SunOS-5.10 i86pc-i386)

But what does "Duration 45.6%" mean? Is it telling me something
about the wall clock execution time of this test suite? Or is it
telling me something about the pass/fail rate? Or is it telling me
something else entirely?

Each suite seems to have a Duration value, but the numbers don't
seem to some up to 100%, and they don't seem related to the success
or failure of the individual tests in that suite.

I'm sorry I'm being so dense here, but you seem to be telling me
that some test suite ("derbyall") is 45.6% of a revision, and I
don't understand what it means for a suite to be a percentage of
a revision.

thanks,

bryan