db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: testScript.xml and DerbyJUnitTest refactoring
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 16:33:01 GMT
Andreas Korneliussen wrote:

> I have considered refactoring DerbyJUnitTest because of the following:

Lots of good stuff here. Thanks for volunteering to turn this piece of
scaffolding into something robust.

> My goal is to be able to run Derby junit tests from the junit
> testrunner, and to allow easy integration of JUnit tests into the
> current harness in Derby. Maintaining another test harness written as
> an ant.xml script is not really my itch. My question is therefore:
> could I leave it to someone else to maintain testScript.xml, or could
> it alternatively be removed ?
>
> (Script
> org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/junitTests/compatibility/testScript.xml)

When you have a harness that runs JUnit tests, then I can write a new
script for running the compatibility combinations. But please don't
throw this suite away. Instead, before you change DerbyJUnitTest, maybe
you can clone it to some other class just for use by the compatiblity
suite. Once you have revamped DerbyJUnitTest and built out the harness,
I can convert the compatibility test and suite.

Thanks,
-Rick