db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject system properties in Derby unit tests
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:51:57 GMT
I would like to set a system property for a Derby unit test run  under
the RunTest framework. Would appreciate advice on how to do this. The
instructions in trunk/java/testing/README.htm say that I can crank up
RunTest with -DtestSpecialProps and that is useful for a hand-run test.
However, I don't know how to force a test to always have a certain
System property when run inside derbyall. The *_app.properties files are
nice too but they don't set system properties.

Just so that I'm not too mysterious here: I'm trying to set the system
property "jdbc.drivers" to force autoloading of drivers under jdk1.4. I
need this property to be set when the VM cranks up--setting it later on
does me no good.

Help!

Thanks,
-Rick