db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject debug reading system properties in BaseMonitor
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 20:26:29 GMT
Hi Dan,

Could you help brainstorm a workaround for the following issue:

BaseMonitor, in a sane debug server, is calling System.getProperty() and
getProperties() outside of a priv block. This raises a
PropertyPermission exception when the EmbeddedDriver is loaded from a
sane/debug jar file under jdk1.6. I notice this exception if I
explicitly call Class.forName() on the EmbeddedDriver. However, I
believe that this is also happening when the vm tries to autoload the
driver at startup--I'm not sure because autoloading errors seem to be
silently swallowed.

Would appreciate your advice about how to code around this for a unit test.

Thanks,
-Rick