db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: What is the best approach in JIRA to documente differences between Embedded mode and Network Server mode?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 18:36:44 GMT
Mamta Satoor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently added a JIRA entry for Derby-911"Connection.setReadOnly is a
> no-op in Network Client. It works fine with embedded client." This entry
> is to keep track of code changes that may go in future to address this
> issue. In addition, I attached that JIRA entry to Derby-310 "Document
> and/or change Derby client code to match behavior with Embedded driver
> where possible."
>
> Does attaching it this way automatically ensure that if someone with
> documentation skill has the itch, will document it or do I need to enter
> a separate JIRA entry for documentation and attach that to Derby-310? If
> I do need to enter a new JIRA for documentation, looks like I should
> create it as sub-task of Derby-911. Does that sound like the right
> approach?

A separate doc sub-task would be easier to reliably track. As it is,
DERBY-310 has lots of linked tasks, which would make it easy for doc
updates to fall through the cracks, especially since a section in
DERBY-310 lists several doc sub-tasks.

A doc subtask to DERBY-911 would definitely keep it on the doc radar.

  -jean