db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby - sysinfo call hangs
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 17:00:19 GMT
Mark Kurley wrote:

>I was able to narrow it down some more.  If I put this call in a loop it
>will eventually hang.
>
>org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl ping
>
>Does anyone have any ideas why this would sometimes hang?
>
>Thanks
>-mark

It would be very helpful to know what messages are in the derby.log file
and to get the information provided by 'NetworkServerControl sysinfo'
(when it does execute properly).  Once it hangs please try issuing
'NetworkServerControl runtimeinfo' - if this returns there may be useful
information - please post that  as well.  Lastly, when a hang happens is
the CPU quiet or very active?