db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [patch] cleanup of org.apache.derby.iapi.services.cache.ClassSize
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:05:26 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

> Shortly after the client contribution,  Jeremy changed all the client
> files to have a uniform style.

Though I don't think there was any followup on how to ensure the new
format was kept to, or if patches with a different style (to what?)
should be accepted.

> I have recently been thinking that I would like to see the Network
> Server code on the trunk and 10.1 changed to match client, especially
> since many changes  include client and server modifications and we may
> be able to share code in the future.  We could pick some  weekend in a
> few weeks and see if Jeremy would be willing to make a pass of the drda
> tree, which is not really that many files.   We spend too much time
> messing with this issue.  Thoughts?

Doesn't have to be Jeremy, could be anyone. If a non-committer does this
it might be better for them to provide a script that performs the
re-formatting rather than a big patch, easier to ensure there's no
problem with the changes.

Dan.