db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [patch] cleanup of org.apache.derby.iapi.services.cache.ClassSize
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 13:15:10 GMT
Kev Jackson wrote:

>> Right, and Derby has not chosen either of those styles, the text is
>> correct in saying *individuals* have found those guides helpful.
>>

> Ah ok, so not that these are the only style guides that contributors
> should follow, I should read more carefully

Shortly after the client contribution,  Jeremy changed all the client
files to have a uniform style.
I have recently been thinking that I would like to see the Network
Server code on the trunk and 10.1 changed to match client, especially
since many changes  include client and server modifications and we may
be able to share code in the future.  We could pick some  weekend in a
few weeks and see if Jeremy would be willing to make a pass of the drda
tree, which is not really that many files.   We spend too much time
messing with this issue.  Thoughts?

Question.
Was client made to match the Geronimo style
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/CodingStandards?   If so we can just
point to that for client and network server.

Kathey

P.S. I have no opinion about the other code.