db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <kevin.jack...@it.fts-vn.com>
Subject source code style/formatting?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 10:15:33 GMT
Hi all,

I've been looking at contributing to derby for a couple of weeks now,
mainly small code cleanups etc just to get my feet wet.

In the code I've noticed that the style is very different from what I'm
used to from open source Java (and indeed commercial Java).
if (condition)
  expression;

instead of

if (condition) {
  expression;
}

public class Whatever
{

}

instead of

public class Whatever {

}

Is there a resource that details the code style that should be followed
for patch submissions?  I'm willing to contribute as I'd like to learn a
bit about how databases work under the hood, but I can't stand the
current code style and I'd like to know if this is an agreed upon
convention, or a legacy of the various owners of the codebase up to now.

Thanks
Kev