db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r374778 - in /db/derby/code/trunk/java: engine/org/apache/derby/iapi/services/classfile/ engine/org/apache/derby/impl/services/bytecode/ testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/master/ testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tes...
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 02:01:25 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

> djd@apache.org wrote:
> Thanks Dan for the continued progress on my favorite issue.   I  am
> looking forward to studying the patch sometime to actually understand
> it, but in the meanwhile I just looked at the little stuff.
>
> 1)  On the javadoc I found that eclipse  generates javadoc like this,
> but Rick reported that it actually causes a warning  because there is
> nothing after the @return
>
> 	 * @param pc
> +	 * @param additionalBytes
> +	 * @return
> +	 */

Darn, thought I caught all of those. Sorry, now I already have some
changes in that file to address the more generic code overflow issues.

> 2) Would it make sense to bump up the starting value of the loop in the
> test,  now that you have made so much progress?

The first few queries are pretty quick it's the later big union queries
that take the time. I'm working on further changes in this area, once I
touch the test again I will look at making sure the starting points are
not too far away from the failing points.

Dan.