db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: testing against jar files
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 01:53:23 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> I'm working on a feature which only surfaces if you are running against
> jar files. Is there a template for writing a test which only executes
> when derbyall runs against jar files?

No, but the properties set up for the policy file would tell you what
the harness thought the class path was.

>From the testing policy file:

// derbyTesting.codejar - URL to the jar files when they are in the
classpath
// derbyTesting.codeclasses - URL to the classes directory when it is in
the classpath
//
// Only one of derbyTesting.codejar and derbyTesting.codeclasses will be
valid, the
// other will be set to a bogus URL like file://unused

In the future it may be that only one of these properties would be set.
There is no requirement to have one not in use being set to
file://unused, so don't depend on that.

Be interesting to see what cannot be run when using the classes
directly, sharing your ideas on the list might allow others to find ways
to achieve that, that's one of the benefits of open source development.

Dan.