db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Auto-close of result sets on failure?
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 22:53:47 GMT
There is a new metadata call, "autoCommitFailureClosesAllResultSets",
which returns true if a SQLException while autoCommit is true indicates
that all open ResultSets are closed, even ones that are holdable.

In my naive scan of the code on the embedded side, it appears as though
we do *not* close result sets upon exception.  There is a method
clearResultSets() on EmbedStatement that is only called when the
statement itself is closed or when executing a new statement (we close
the old result sets from the previous invocation of the statement).

Because of the asynchronous nature of the network client protocol, it's
a little harder to decode, but it appears that we do not close result
sets upon exception there either.

Does anyone care to differ?  Otherwise I'll return false for this new
JDBC4 metadata call.

Thanks,

David