db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby - sysinfo call hangs
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 02:35:37 GMT
Mark Kurley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have noticed that sometimes when I call the "sysinfo" script the
> process hangs.  There are no entries in the log files.  I even when as
> far as writing a shell script that calls the "sysinfo" in a loop.  It
> fails on different iterations each time.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this problem?  I am not sure how to debug
> this problem.  Please pass along any information.
>
> Thanks
> -mark
>

> *Notice:* This transmission is for the sole use of the intended
> recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or
> privileged.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this transmission
> and any attachments and notify the sender by return email immediately.
> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.

I've see the NetworkServer sysinfo (the one in
%DERBY_INSTALL%\frameworks\NetworkServer\bin) take a long to return when
NetworkServer has not been started.  Always thought it had something to
do with the setting of network timeouts but don't know for sure.  Is
this the script you are using?  Not sure why the loop would fail on
different iterations but perhaps connections have been exhausted?
Of course if you are using the script in embedded then .. Never Mind

HTH