db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Derby - sysinfo call hangs
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 22:34:42 GMT
> I have noticed that sometimes when I call the "sysinfo" script the
> process hangs.

You didn't mention what platform you are running, but you should be
able to get a Java Stack Trace showing all the threads in the sysinfo
process, and what they are waiting on:

- On Windows, use Control-Break: Hold down the Control key and press
   the Break key.

- On Unix systems, send "kill -QUIT" to the process which is running
   sysinfo, from some other window on that machine.

Then, capture the output from the Java Stack Trace, and send it along.
That will provide more information about where in the sysinfo script
it is hanging.

thanks,

bryan