db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 'Unassigned' critical issues
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 17:13:05 GMT
Rajesh Kartha wrote:

> Going forward, I suggest any issues (specially Bugs, Test failures)
> marked 'Blocker' or 'Critical' needs
> to get the immediate attention to be evaluated for assigning (have an
> owner) or marking (the priority)
> accordingly. Any regression test failures would fall into this category.

That would be great, but if it's no one's itch to fix such a problem
it's not going to get assigned to anyone. Critical is in the eye of the
beholder. Assigining a bug to someone just to make it unassigned is not
a good idea. It's also a way to bring new contributors into the project,
if they enter a critical issue and no-one looks at it, then maybe their
itch will be strong enough for them to get involved.

> I can volunteer to monitor and send follow-up mails, for addressing the
> high priority
> Derby issues, on a regular basis.

Reminders about apparent critical issues not being scratched would be good.

Thanks,
Dan.