db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Anyone knows how I can read the content of derby log control file and log file??
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 22:33:47 GMT
There are really no provided utilities, and the current design
does not envision user access to the log files.  There is of
course internal code that reads these log files.  There are
internal debugging routines that dumps some of the info but
probably not going to help you.

Note that what one finds in the logs is very low level and often
will be hard to match up with a user's view, for instance an
insert of a single row may be represented by many insert log
records (to handle chained long rows and long columns).

What are you trying to do?