db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: New SQL JIRA components (was Re: setting component's on jira items.)
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 19:27:08 GMT
I liked the categories that Satheesh proposed.   I don't really
care if the sub categories have SQL- or not.  I see having these
categories as better than not, even though in most cases I expect
Derby users to just go ahead an report SQL rather than a subcategory.

I see the sub categories as value to the Derby developers, and expect
them to move issues from SQL to one of the sub-categories as they
add their expertise to the issue.

Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2006, at 9:33 AM, Kathey Marsden wrote:
>
>> On Jan 23, 2006, at 10:25 PM, Satheesh Bandaram wrote:
>
>>> This sounds good, balancing what is good for users and developers
>>> working with JIRA's limitations. So, I would suggest:
>>>
>>> SQL
>>> SQL-parser
>>> SQL-optimizer
>>> SQL-compiler