db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Olav Sandstaa <Olav.Sands...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Performance regressions
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:26:44 GMT
Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Olav Sandstaa wrote:
> >The results from the performance regression test I run are now
> >available on the following Web page:
> >
> >  http://home.online.no/~olmsan/derby/perf/
>
> Thanks Olav.  This is so wonderful to have this net and great to see the
> jump for Network Server.  Thanks Knut and Dyre!
> A couple questions.
>
> What is the baseline date?  I didn't see the date but am probably just
> missing it.

It was not included on the Web page, but I did mention it in the email
I sent. The baseline is based on the repeated runs of the performance
test on the 10.1.1.0 release. I have updated the Web page with
information about which version we use as baseline.

> Might it be possible to take snapshots of  memory usage and record that
> information as well to track any glaring memory usage jumps?
> NetworkServer control runtimeinfo offers the following info:
>
> # Connection Threads : 1
> # Active Sessions : 1
> # Waiting  Sessions : 0
>
> Total Memory : 2031616  Free Memory : 1570368

This sounds like a very good idea. I will include it on my list of
possible improvements, but unfortunately it seems like I have some
other higher priority "itches" comming up so it might take some time
until I get to include it in the tests.

..olav