db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Dag H. Wanvik" <Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: conflict detection strategies
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:20:26 GMT

Hi,

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel John Debrunner <djd@apache.org> wrote:

Daniel> Was this posted, the more detailed solution?
Daniel>
Daniel> There was a little more detail on a proposed interaction with online
Daniel> compress, but I think that is based upon a whole lot of design thinking
Daniel> and assumptions which has not made it to list.

We will submit a detailed description of the approach with the first
patch for DERBY-690 (embedded SUR); it should be ready for upload any
day now. This should hopefully provide enough context for the
reviewers.

Thanks,
Dag

Daniel>
Daniel> I'd assumed you meant you were going to describe your proposed full
Daniel> solution to SUR, I'm interested to know your approach works with the
Daniel> various isolation levels, how you handle deleting the rows, how
Daniel> holdability is supported, etc. And if during working on this you had to
Daniel> work out how scrollable read-only cursors are implemented, adding that
Daniel> as background would be excellent. Great knowledge to add to the
Daniel> community. Don't assume reviewers know how things work today, provide as
Daniel> much information as you know.