db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enabling optimizer trace
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 06:03:15 GMT
Hi Jeff,

I realize that we are still discussing what is the correct way of presenting
the optimizer trace. But I am curious about your statement "This tracing
feature is intended for developers who are debugging optimizer problems. I
don't believe it should ever be exposed as a supported feature....". It is
likely that the optimizer trace might seem like Greek to an end user who
doesn't know the internals of Derby or query optimization in general but to
a more aware user, the optimizer trace might be handy to do some little
research of their own before trying the derby developer list.

thanks,
Mamta