db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: documenting DERBY -783: Enhancements to ALTER TABLE
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 05:04:10 GMT
Actually, the new syntax would leave the ALTER TABLE statement as it is in
the documentation. What would change is the definition of column-alteration.
It would look as follows

*column-Name SET DATA TYPE VARCHAR(integer) |**column-name SET
INCREMENT BY integer-constant |
c**olumn-name RESTART WITH integer-constant *

And then include information on what this RESTART WITH syntax means
for a generated column in the reference guide like you mentioned.

Thanks for looking into documenting this,
Mamta