db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject running getCurConnJdbc20 with db2jcc*.jar in classpath and useprocess=false...
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:34:48 GMT
Hi,

When I run the test jdbcapi/getCurConnJdbc20 with db2jcc.jar (and
db2jcc_license_c.jar) in my classpath, like so:
  java -Duseprocess=false
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTestjdbcapi/getCurConnJdbc20.sql
I get the following diff:
-------------------
14a15,20
> ERROR 38000: The exception 'java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError' was
thrown
while evaluating an expression.
> ERROR XJ001: Java exception: ': java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError'.
> ERROR XJ001: Java exception: 'access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission
loadLibrary.db2jcct2): java.security.AccessControlException'.
> ij> ------------------------------------------------------------
> -- drop the table
> drop table T;
16,19d21
< ij> ------------------------------------------------------------
< -- drop the table
< drop table T;
< 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
(more fun and entertainment in the derby.log).

I don't understand why the call to the method
(...)util.Jdbc20Test.newJdbc20Method would attempt to load the jcc driver?
I'm not running networkserver here - just embedded...
Does this maybe mean that
driverManager.getConnection("jdbc:default:connection")
goes through all available drivers in the classpath?

Thx,
Myrna