db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jdbcapi/secureUsers1.sql can fail ( & LDAP authentication)
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:19:55 GMT
Ai, hm. Something went wrong in this area when I contributed the tests for
IBM. We had LDAP testing also in secureUsers, and I split it into 2, one
called secureUsersldap which was supposed to have only the ldap stuff. (see
copyfiles.ant in the tests/jdbcapi dir for traces of my intent).
I think at the time I asked on the list if there was any server available.
As I got no answer, I didn't add the new secureUsersLdap test to any suite.

And it looks like it actually never made it to the svn source at all.

Shall I redo that bit of work, if it seems wortwhile?
Any suggestions of how to actually make this work? I think at the time I had
rewritten the secureUsersLdap.sql to have comments & instructions on how to
modify the file to make it run in an ldap environment. That was the only way
I could think of it - someone modifying the test locally & running it in
that changed configuration.

Myrna