db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Client SQLException change causing build failure
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2006 05:56:23 GMT

On Jan 28, 2006, at 11:05 AM, David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> Hi, Andrew.  Are you doing your build with JDK 1.6?  I did my build
> with 1.4.  I'm not trying to pass off blame, just trying to
> understand the circumstances better.

Hi David,

I guess this is the 'mixed' build? It's everything but the JDBC 4.0
classes compiled with JDK 1.4, and the JDBC 4.0 classes compiled with
JDK 1.6. It's what you get if you follow the instructions posted
previously to build the JDBC 4.0 classes as a part of the regular
build by setting the ant property ${jdk16} to the location of a JDK
1.6 install.

If you don't set the jdk16 ant property, everything works fine. I
just thought I'd mention the problem because I hadn't seen it raised
anywhere else.

andrew