db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Raymond Raymond" <raymond_de...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Discussion of how to map the recovery time into Xmb of log --Checkpoint issue
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 01:42:12 GMT
Mike,
  Last time we discussed about how to map the recovery time into Xmb of log.
I have been thinking on it recently and have a proposal.
  How about when the very first time derby boots (not every time) on a
certain
machine, we let the user to chose whether he (or she) want to do some
statistic
collection about the system performance. If he (or she) want to do, derby
runs
some test, if not, derby doesn't run test. Later, just as what you said, we
let derby
collect information every time it does recovery to refine the former
information.
   Thanks.

Raymond