db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ramandeep Kaur <ramandhin...@gmail.com>
Subject Server and client compatibility test for 10.2 and 10.1
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:22:50 GMT
Hi,

I ran suite derbynetclientmats to test Server and Client compatibility for
the following combinations:-

Server: 10.2 (svn 368249), Client: 10.1 (svn 368246),
derbyTesting.jar: 10.1(svn 368246)
Server: 10.1 (svn 368246), Client: 10.2 (svn 367899),
derbyTesting.jar: 10.1 (svn
368246)

Server: 10.2, Client: 10.1, derbyTesting.jar: 10.1
jvms: jdk15, ibm142

Test failures:
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/NSinSameJVM.java
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/autoGeneratedJdbc30.java
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/dbMetaDataJdbc30.java
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/metadata.java
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/odbc_metadata.java
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:lang/procedure.java
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:lang/updatableResultSet.java
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:lang/syscat.sql

Server: 10.1, Client: 10.2, derbyTesting.jar: 10.1
jvms: jdk15, ibm142

 Test failures:
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/dbMetaDataJdbc30.java
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/metadata.java
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/odbc_metadata.java
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:lang/forupdate.sql
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:lang/updatableResultSet.java
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:store/holdCursorJDBC30.sql
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/LOBTest.java
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/metadataJdbc20.java
derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:jdbcapi/connectionJdbc20.java

After looking at the failures, I have found that failures could be due to:
- Error message changes from one version to another. Hence creating diff.
- Messages with version number which is different. hence creating diff.
- Changes due to bug fixes.

I will look into the failures more. I am attaching the report files for
results ran with jdk15 only. If you get a chance, please look at the
failures and provide me your feedback.

Thanks,
Ramandeep Kaur (ramandhindsa@gmail.com)