db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Francois Orsini <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jdbcapi/secureUsers1.sql can fail ( & LDAP authentication)
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:49:56 GMT
Originally at Cloudscape it also got tested against the Netscape Directory
(LDAP) server.

The Apache Directory Server is supposed to be an embeddable LDAP server
written in Java (but I don't know what the status is on this project). We
could also test against the known OpenLDAP server...Both Open Source ones...

http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/features.html
http://www.openldap.org/

Going against a public one sounds good indeed but then we would have to rely
on it being always up at the time a test is run _or_ we could use 2 public
servers (primary and secondary), hence if the primary one is down, we go
against the secondary (logic added to unit test)...Testing the case of an
ldap server being down is a good negative test itself for the Derby LDAP
authentication provider...

List of some public servers:
http://www.emailman.com/ldap/public.html

My 0.02 cents,