db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Lichtman <swa...@rcn.com>
Subject Re: Enabling optimizer trace
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 03:19:30 GMT

>Would be great if we put some thought into this, rather than enabling a
>somewhat messy output. It would be great if we came up with an XML
>format that would allow easier compatible changes in the future.
>
>Dan.

This tracing feature is intended for developers who are debugging
optimizer problems. I don't believe it should ever be exposed as a
supported feature or used in the Derby tests. There may still be
reasons for creating an XML format, but I would prefer not to put
hurdles in the way of creating simple development tools.

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 swazoo@rcn.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/