db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Client SQLException change causing build failure
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:29:04 GMT
What Andrew says. These failures turn up if you build Derby in a 1.4
environment but supplement your ant.properties with a pointer to a 1.6
installation. In that case, the build will use the 1.6 compiler to build
the optional jdbc 4 support and compilation will choke on some
discrepancies introduced by the SQLException rototill.

I fixed these build failures in my first patch for bug 862, but I backed
them out because they weren't germane to that bug's javadoc focus. The
fixes are still available in that first patch in the following files:

M      java\client\org\apache\derby\client\ClientPooledConnection40.java
M      java\client\org\apache\derby\client\net\NetConnection40.java
M      java\client\org\apache\derby\client\am\CallableStatement40.java
M      java\client\org\apache\derby\client\am\PreparedStatement40.java

Regards,
-Rick