db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Manjula G Kutty <manjula.ku...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: running getCurConnJdbc20 with db2jcc*.jar in classpath and useprocess=false...
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:01:39 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I run the test jdbcapi/getCurConnJdbc20 with db2jcc.jar (and
> db2jcc_license_c.jar) in my classpath, like so:
>   java -Duseprocess=false
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest
> jdbcapi/getCurConnJdbc20.sql
> I get the following diff:
> -------------------
> 14a15,20
> > ERROR 38000: The exception 'java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError'
> was thrown
> while evaluating an expression.
> > ERROR XJ001: Java exception: ': java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError'.
> > ERROR XJ001: Java exception: 'access denied (
> java.lang.RuntimePermission loadLibrary.db2jcct2):
> java.security.AccessControlException'.
> > ij> ------------------------------------------------------------
> > -- drop the table
> > drop table T;
> 16,19d21
> < ij> ------------------------------------------------------------
> < -- drop the table
> < drop table T;
> < 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
> ---------------
> (more fun and entertainment in the derby.log).
>
> I don't understand why the call to the method
> (...)util.Jdbc20Test.newJdbc20Method would attempt to load the jcc
> driver? I'm not running networkserver here - just embedded...
> Does this maybe mean that
> driverManager.getConnection("jdbc:default:connection") goes through
> all available drivers in the classpath?
>
> Thx,
> Myrna

Hi Myrna,

I think you have the derbynet.jar  and derbyclient.jar also in your
classpath. When I ran the same test without derbynet.jar and
derbyclient.jar but with db2jcc and it's license I got the exception below
RunIJ --> java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.io.FilePermi
ssion C:\test\getCurConnJdbc20\getCurConnJdbc20_app.properties read)
(java.io.FilePermission
C:\test\getCurConnJdbc20\getCurConnJdbc20_app.properties read)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlConte
xt.java:264)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:
427)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(SecurityManager.java:871)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.util.getPropertyArg(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.Main.mainCore(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.Main14.main(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.tools.ij.main(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunIJ.run(Unknown Sourc
e)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Exception in thread "main" java.security.AccessControlException: access
denied (
java.util.PropertyPermission * read,write)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlConte
xt.java:264)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:
427)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertiesAccess(SecurityManager.java:
1252)
        at java.lang.System.getProperties(System.java:560)
        at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest.execTestNoProce
ss(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest.testRun(Unknown
 Source)
        at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest.main(Unknown So
urce)

I think the error is related to the policy file permission.

Thanks
Manjula