db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Removing Derby tagline
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:24:39 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> All but one of the images did not include the tagline with the
> trademark, so there is nothing stopping us getting some image up on the
> site.

I disagree. Here is an example of what it would look like to just get
the hat up on the web site:

This particular snapshot of the home page is fine because "Derby" is
prominent at the top of that page.  But view it in the context of some
other page, such as the FAQ, which uses a forrest source format that
doesn't include specifying a prominent page title:

Without Derby somewhere in the masthead, how will visitors know what
site they are on?  Yes, they can start reading FAQs to determine that,
but I think "Derby" should be instantly visible in the masthead.

So that gets back to the original problem of adding "Apache Derby" to
the logo, and the issues you and Craig raised that the look of the text
is part of the logo:

View raw message