db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: svn commit: r372240 - in /db/derby/code/trunk/java: client/org/apache/derby/loc/clientmessages_en.properties shared/org/apache/derby/shared/common/reference/SQLState.java
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:37:28 GMT
I got confused by your statement because I didn't see 0A003 in the
table, but then I found this statement further up.  I'm quoting it here
so that all of us working on SQL States are aware of the restriction.  A
SQLState "class" is the first two characters of the state string.  A
SQLState "subclass" are the last three characters of the state string.

<quote>
Class values that begin with one of the <digit>s '0', '1', '2', '3', or
'4' or one of the <simple Latin upper case letter>s
'A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F', 'G', or 'H' are returned only for
conditions defined in ISO/IEC 9075 or in any other
International Standard. The range of such class values are called
standard-defined classes. Some such class
codes are reserved for use by specific International Standards, as
specified elsewhere in this Clause. Subclass
values associated with such classes that also begin with one of those 13
characters are returned only for conditions
defined in ISO/IEC 9075 or some other International Standard. The range
of such class values are called standard defined
classes. Subclass values associated with such classes that begin with
one of the <digit>s '5', '6', '7', '8',
or '9' or one of the <simple Latin upper case letter>s 'I', 'J', 'K',
'X', 'Y', or 'Z' are reserved for implementation-specified conditions
and are called implementation-defined subclasses.
</quote>

In terms of having separate messages for JDBC2 and JDBC3, I was doing a
cut-and-paste.  I could change this, I don't have any strong opinions
about it, but it may very well create a lot of test diffs.  It's
personally not an itch I'm motivated to scratch.

David