db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Tagline for Derby
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:10:52 GMT
Francois Orsini wrote:
> Right this is where I got it from - I  mentioned this as Derby is an
> Apache (2.0) based project - Hence, am curious as to what the trademark
> issue would be really for a tagline such "Open Source Database" (the one
> you mentioned) - is a separate license needed or not?

My concern was using the words "open source", but other email from Dan
indicates that this shouldn't be an issue.

But I seriously wonder if we want to have a tagline that could require
explanation -- and translation, as Dan also pointed out.

"Apache Derby" doesn't require any translation. "Open Source Database"
is definitely English-centric.

-jean