db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: setting component's on jira items.
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:15:47 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Thanks for classifying issues without Component assigned. Inspired by
your clean up, I made a quick pass through SQL and JDBC components
looking for issues that may have already been fixed or duplicates. I
marked issues that I thought were duplicates and if I got it wrong,
please correct it.&nbsp; I also found some issues that just need resolutions.<br>
I have created a new JIRA filter, <a
 href="http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&amp;requestId=12310691">Derby
talk of 10.2 up-coming release, is there interest in the community to
collectively fix many of these bugs? (and bugs in other components)
Seems to me if every interested contributor addresses two to three bugs
in their area of interest, we could reduce backlog bugs significantly.<br>
Any thoughts or comments?<br>
Satheesh<br>
Mike Matrigali wrote:<br>
to use the JIRA reporting scheme to find issues by Component, so
for me it is helpful to have a component assigned to every issue.&nbsp; I
took a stab a categorizing the 50 odd issues that had no component,
sorry for the bandwith for those who get all those messages.
As Dan already corrected, I just took a quick stab - if you think I got
it wrong feel free to change.&nbsp; I got the non-component list down to 2.
I can't figure out how to get DERBY-590 off, I assigned it a component
- but my guess is it's linking is confusing something.&nbsp; I just couldn't
come up with a place for the eclipse issue DERBY-631.
It felt most unsatisfying assigning a lot of issues to SQL, which
really
are internal "sql execution" issues.&nbsp; And if we had the categories a
lot
I could have assigned to optimizer, parser, execution.