db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Solberg <Ole.Solb...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Performance regressions
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 00:01:45 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouvering@Sun.COM> writes:
>

>>I just noticed that in the latest tinderbox run that storetests had an
>>800% increase in the time it took to run compared to (some baseline?).
>>
>>I think we should also get an alert email sent when a given suite is
>>more than 150% (or does someone have a better number) of the baseline.
>>
>>Comments?
>

> Sorry about that. I just happened to stress test a patch of mine on
> the same machine as the tinderbox test was running on.

I have checked the history of 'storetests':
The increase occurs from 2005-12-01 - svn 351569/351543/"Fix for
DERBY-715" which added a new test:"... Added a test that causes 5
deadlocks..."
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/TinderBox_Derby/UpdateInfo/351569.txt

I guess the increase is explained by this.
A comment in the JIRA issue on an expected increase in execution time
for the test would be good though.

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway