db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Cleaning up test failures
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:04:42 GMT
Great email, John.  May I summarize a potential proposal.  Do people
feel we need a vote on this?

- Create a new alias, derby-test-results, that send *all* test results

- Send test *failures* to derby-dev

- Have a general guideline that test failures should be logged under the
Test component with a high priority (I am using Critical for
cross-platform issues and Major for single-platform issues).

- Ultimately committers are responsible for maintaining the quality of
the codeline and they may take further action where necessary (such as
vetoing any checkins except those related to test fixes).

Sound good?

David