db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Cleaning up test failures
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:30:25 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:

>I am wary of having more emails to look at...
>
>In addition to emails on failures, jira cases for persistent failures, how
>about a wiki page with 'current' failures, first occurrence, platform info,
>and possible volunteers looking at each failure? & link this from
>http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_tests.html

I tried doing something like  this recently and  found that the page
gets out of date quickly, especially removal of issues from the list.

If we add the component for "Regression Test Failure" (or better name),
then maybe we  can  link to a Jira report that shows all current
failures e.g.
TITLE,  VERSION, REPORTER, ASSIGNEE, CREATED, UPDATED, ENVIRONMENT

It would be dynamic, up to date, and give us the historical  information
we need. Folks can drill down for more detail.
They say that plumbers have the leakiest pipes.  Perhaps we database
folks should use our bug database to our advantage.

Kathey