db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Tests hanging - any hints?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 01:47:50 GMT
Hi, all.  I've been running tests with the new i18n framework, which
included having all public methods throw SQLException instead of
org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.

For reasons that are mystifying me, in tests that prepare a statement
which deal with stored procedures/functions (either to create or to
drop), the client hangs waiting for a description of the input
parameters.  Here's the stack trace.  It's the same for
derbynet/callable.java and DerbyJunitTest.dropSchemaObject().  Meanwhile
the network server is completely idle.

These same tests pass for JCC and for the trunk.  Can anyone give me any
tips how I might go about tracking this down?  I am mystified how I
could have caused this problem simply by changing what exception is
thrown.  I'm not expecting you to figure this out, but if you have any
"did you check this" kind of hints it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

David

   [1] java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0 (native method)
   [2] java.net.SocketInputStream.read (SocketInputStream.java:129)
   [3] org.apache.derby.client.net.Reply.fill (Reply.java:169)
   [4] org.apache.derby.client.net.Reply.ensureALayerDataInBuffer
(Reply.java:212
)
   [5] org.apache.derby.client.net.Reply.readDssHeader (Reply.java:319)
   [6] org.apache.derby.client.net.Reply.startSameIdChainParse
(Reply.java:1,143)

   [7] org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.readDescribeInput
(NetStatem
entReply.java:84)
   [8] org.apache.derby.client.net.StatementReply.readDescribeInput
(StatementRep
ly.java:64)
   [9]
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetPreparedStatement.readDescribeInput_ (NetPr
eparedStatement.java:148)
   [10] org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.readDescribeInput
(PreparedS
tatement.java:1,374)
   [11]
org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.readPrepareDescribeInputOutp
ut (PreparedStatement.java:1,432)
   [12]
org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.flowPrepareDescribeInputOutp
ut (PreparedStatement.java:1,509)
   [13] org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.prepare
(PreparedStatement.j
ava:243)
   [14] org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.prepareStatementX
(Connection.java:
1,489)
   [15] org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.prepareStatement
(Connection.java:3
64)
   [16]
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.util.DerbyJUnitTest.prepare (DerbyJ
UnitTest.java:429)