db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Making contributions to individuals on the list is not recommended
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:39:28 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
>
>> Jean T. Anderson wrote:

>> I don't think this is the way to handle such items. The licensing of
>> items sent directly to individuals is not clear. By posting
>> contributions to the apache lists or as a Jira entry it is clear that
>> the contribution is contributed under the ASLv2.
>

> I believe that in this case Olav's intent was completely clear. However,
> I can open a general Jira issue for uploads to the web site.
>
> What we want to avoid is saturating emails with binaries.

Actually, what I realize is the best way to handle this is for the
author of a presentation to upload it to the ApacheCon wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/Us2005OnlineSessionSlides

Olav, could you go ahead and upload your presentation to the ApacheCon
Wiki?  I'll then change the Derby web site pointer to that.

As for my own presentation, as a committer it's perfectly fine for me to
commit my own presentation to the Derby repository.

  -jean