db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: San Francisco Bay Area request for a speaker
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 20:17:10 GMT
I could do this, depending on the timing.  I think it would make sense
to talk about Derby in general but focus how you can embed Derby in a
browser to give a very easy distribution model for database
applications, allowing users to keep private data on their machine while
running a web app, and that they also get security in terms of database
encryption.  The demo Francois did for ApacheCon would be very good for
this talk.

When do they need someone to talk?

Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> BayLISA (www.baylisa.org) would like someone to give a 90 minute talk
> about Derby -- they'd like a combination introduction and security
> overview.
> I'm interested but am 600 miles too far south. Are there any takers in
> the Bay Area? If so, let me know and I'll hook you up with the BayLISA
> requestor.
> regards,
>  -jean

View raw message